Friday, July 8, 2011

The Oval Office

I have come to the reality that I will never get to actually see the inside of the Oval Office. I have seen pictures of it but using Second Life; I thought it would give me a chance to see the inside of the president’s office.  The first thing that caught my eye was the president’s desk.   I could feel the power emanating from the desk. Imagine the immense pressure put on the president in this very spot and the incredibly difficult decisions he has to make.  I decided to take a seat in his chair; I even put on my best suit and thought to myself “I would have made a great president!”

The call me El Presidente
Looking around, I noticed paintings of President Abraham Lincoln and George Washington, as well as other pieces of art from various time in American history.  One thing that I found quite funny is a particular book that I found on the bookshelf.  Its title was “How to be a President for Dummies.”  It pokes humor at our presidents because sometimes it seems as if they have no idea what they are doing.
Notice the Book, hmmm
As I continued around the Oval office, I found what looked like a hidden door.  Now I have heard about hidden doors, trap door, underground tunnels in the White house.  I walked up to the suspicious part in the wall and pressed on a little button.  The door opened up I peeked in.  There was the Presidential Seal on the wall.  There was also a picture on the wall that gave the impression of a tunnel leading to other rooms. It was obviously false but you could imagine how difficult it would be to recreate this in here.
Hidden Door
Presidential Seal








As I closed the false door, I decided to relax for a bit on the nice plush couches.  While I was trying to sit on the couch, and because of the difficulty in controlling the avatar sometimes, I found myself standing on the president’s couch. I really tried hard to get positioned right so i cold sit, but it just wasn't working for me.
The President's Couch
This reminded me of a scene from the popular comedy show “The Dave Chappell Show” where Rick James was messing up this Eddie Murphy’s new white couch. Check it out below!
*** This video may contain offensive language***



Now believe me when I say this, I did not mess up the President’s couch, I swear! Anyway, something happened that has not happened to me yet in this virtual world, I encountered some other people.  While I was SITTING on the couch, three people came in and started to role play. One person sat in the president’s chair while the other two stood in front of his desk. They were acting like they were discussing important matters that pertained to national security. I watched for a while because it was quite humorous.  I joined in but i was told that interns are to be seen and not heard. That was a little bit harsh but, I was OK with it, just knowing that I wasn’t alone was enough to make my day!
Presidential Role Playing


No comments:

Post a Comment